Learn to embellish fabric with beads and sequins using the haute couture embroidery technique crochet de Luneville.
In this level 2 class you will master this technique under closely guided supervision to prepare for more advanced tambour embroidery stitches. It’s a full day class of six hours of tuition covering:
- how to stitch beads onto fabric;
- how to stitch flat and cupped sequins onto fabric;
- how to achieve directional effects with beads and sequins;
- how to achieve different dimensional and filling effects with beads and sequins;
- how to effectively design, plan and execute a tambour beading project.
*This class includes some of the stitches and techniques covered in our advanced beginner class. Students should complete Level 1 before taking this Level 2 class.
A kit for this Level 2 class must be purchased separately from our online shop. Please order your kit when booking your class. We will bring your kit to the class. The kit does NOT include a tambour hook.
We recommend a size 90 point tambour hook for taking this Level 2 class. Please bring a tambour hook with you or purchase one from our online shop.
What to Bring
- a piece of thread wax;
- a sewing needle;
- sharp embroidery scissors;
- HB pencil and sharpener, a range of coloured pencils;
- fine point permanent markers (black and coloured);
- polyester sewing thread;
- a note book;
- a small desk lamp and magnifier (if required);
- pearl head dressmaking pins;
- some beads and sequins you would like to experiment with;
- you Level 1 Class Kit with Notebook.
To register your place for a class please contact us as soon as possible to reserve a place.