Antiquities Inspired Elegance
Ancient Greece and Egyptian costume jewellery inspired draped dress in a stretch blue velvet with a tambour embroidered leather collar.
Inspired by the draped chiton of ancient Greece and the costume jewellery of ancient Egypt, this dress is hand draped around the body forming cascading pleats down the sides. The loose silhouette is secured at the neckline by the hand embroidered leather collar.
The embroidered collar features a pattern of sun rays on silk organza filled with metallic gold chain stitches. The surface is embellished with Swarovski crystals, Japanese glass beads and a sequence of red and gold French paillettes. The outer edge is finished with red silk chenille yarn couched with metallic gold thread. The collar is secured at the back with hooks.
The side drapes are secured to the body with a hand made elasticated waist stay worn close to the under-bustline.
- hand draped design in royal blue stretch velvet with a one way nap.
- hand embroidered leather collar filled with fine chain stitching in metallic gold thread made in France.
- collar embellished with vintage beads, French paillettes and Swarovski crystals.
- secured to waist with an elasticised silk satin couture stay.
- hand rolled hems and seam finishes.
- hand crocheted trim.
- only one available. Bespoke orders welcomed.
8-10 to fit bust 87cm, waist 65cm, hips 90cm
Velvet comprising 90% polyester, 10% spandex
This couture product is wrapped in acid free tissue paper and presented in an attractive black gift box with ribbon and a personalised hand written thank you card. Shipping cost is an estimate and will be confirmed.
Payment Plan Available. Please contact me to inquire.
THIS PRODUCT IS A LUXURY ONE-OF-A-KIND COUTURE AND CANNOT BE EXCHANGED OR RETURNED